Therefore, this may be the final lengthy post until I finish processing this collection unless I do, in fact, come across something absolutely intriguing, in which case I will post about it. Until that happens, however, here's the last bit of cool stuff I've found.
First is a bunch of issues of the American Legion magazine from the 60s and 70s. One of them had an article about "The violent habits of the Soviet Union" describing the Stalinist and post-Stalin Soviet oppression of Czechoslovakia and Hungary written with an unsurprising air of propaganda about it. Ironically, the pictures look eerily similar to how police handled the Occupy movement rallies.
I also came by a comic strip character from yesteryear. I only remember seeing Dick Tracy mentioned in books and magazines in my grandmother's house. Perhaps someone older than me might appreciate these a little more. Let the nostalgia begin.
Last but not least I found a couple of Black Diamond guitar strings. I'm an Ernie Ball/D'addario string user myself. Apparently these were the same brand of strings Buddy Holly and numerous other blues, country, and rock & roll artists used, though I'm not entirely sure of specific names. "Wow! These are classic!" was the reaction I got from my boss upon asking how I should store them, so I'm guessing there are a lot of good stories surrounding this brand.
That's all for now. A friend of mine who works in the TTU Library and I are going to be starting a joint political discussion/debate blog pretty soon. If you are interested in politics or news feel free to check it out at http://jakenjake.blogspot.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment